The 13th Asian Pacific Society of Periodontology Meeting is a premier forum for the presentation of new advances and innovative frontiers in the fields periodontology and implantology. The conference will bring together local and international periodontists, general dental practitioners, leading researchers and scientists, and students in the domain of interest from around the world. Topics of interest for submission in the field of Periodontology include:
- Basic research
- Clinical research
- Clinical case report
- Literature / systematic reviews related to periodontology and implant dentistry
The reviewing process
- Your abstract will undergo a double blind peer review by the scientific committee within two to three weeks after its receipt.
- Results of the abstract review will be sent to the author (presenting author) within one month of submission.
- Acceptance or rejections of the paper will be sent to you with reviewer comments.
- If revision is required, the revised abstract must be sent back within a week.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be required to register for the 13th APSP Kuala Lumpur.
Important information for the co–authors
- Please note a single registration permits only one person to attend the conference.
- If any co-authors would like to attend the conference, their registration is to be made independently.
If you do not hear from us
- Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org in case you do not receive an acknowledgment/follow-up email within 48 working hours after your registration, online submission of abstract or enquiry regarding abstract submission.
- Please check your spam/junk folder prior to enquiries regarding your concern.
- Please provide your mobile phone number in your registration form along with your abstract for further communications.
A. Guideline for Abstract submission
- Each participant may only present one poster as a presenting author, yet can be co-author of other posters. All presenters must register for the meeting.
- The presenting author assumes full responsibility of the content of the abstract and must ensure that all other authors are aware of this content before the abstract is submitted. The work has to be original and must not have been presented in conferences or published previously.
- The presenting author must be registered as a paid participant.
- Abstracts must be prepared using the template provided (in Microsoft Word format) below and submitted on-line using the provided link.
- Please indicate/tick one of the fields as listed, for the abstract submitted.
- Clinical study
- Lab-based research
- Case report
- Others – e.g. Reviews, Clinical Audit, Governance, Costings
- The closing date for abstract submission is 15 May 2019. The notification of acceptance will be emailed after 15 May 2019. Any issues pertaining to this guidelines of abstract submission can be emailed to email@example.com
- All correspondence regarding the abstract will only be sent to the presenting author.
- The organisers of this event take no responsibility for any published abstracts submitted. Any issues or errors arising from the abstracts are solely the responsibility of the authors.
B. Abstract Template & Format
C. Preparation for Abstract
- All abstracts should be in English.
- The general guidelines for abstract must be in Microsoft Word format (.doc; .docx), single line spacing, Times New Roman size 12 font, in A4 paper size (portrait) with margins of 1” (2.5mm) for all sides.
- The abstract must contain:
- Title: Abstract title may contain a maximum of 100 characters. Font: Times New Roman, size 14 and centred.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, and e-mail addresses of the authors must be indicated correctly and in the right order. Underline the presenting author. Font: Times New Roman, size 12 and centred
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The institution and city should be written in small letters while the initials of each word are written in capitals. Font: Times New Roman, size 12 and centred
- Email: email of presenting author e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Font: Times New Roman, size 12 and centred
- Abstract text: Abstract texts should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors’ names, their institutions and keywords are not included in this limit. Font: Times New Roman, single spacing, size 12 and justified.
- Original Research – abstract should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Background and Objective(s)
- Material and Methods
- Case Report – abstract should consist of four sections given below:
- Reviews – Abstract can consist of the following:
- Background and Objective(s)
- Data / Sources
- Study Selection
- The source of funding (if applicable) should be appropriately acknowledged.
D. Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
- All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee following the abstract submission deadline and the acceptance letters will be sent no later than 31st May 2019 via e-mail.
- Relevant information about your abstract’s presentation including the presentation date, time, venue and presentation ID number will be included in the acceptance letters.
- Abstracts will be presented as printed poster presentations (size will be notified). Submitted abstracts will be reviewed according to the Poster Presentation Scientific Committee’s rulings and will be evaluated in terms of their appropriateness and overall quality.
Online submission now closed
A. Poster Dimensions
- The size of the poster should be A0 size, approximately 85 cm (width) x 120 cm (length). Please do not exceed these dimensions.
- The posters must be displayed in portrait (printed vertically).
- Posters must be prepared with a font size that can be read from a distance of 2 metres.
- Poster must be in English with the title displayed at the top part of the poster.
- Author names and their affiliations should be below the title. The presenting author’s name must be underlined.
- The poster contents should be in the following sections/headings:
For Original Research (Lab-based or Clinical Research):
- Materials and Methods
For Case Report:
- Case description
- Case discussion
For Literature Reviews and Systematic Reviews:
- Data/Sources/Study selection
C. General guidelines for poster preparation
- Font type: Arial (recommended).
- Font size:
- Title font size: not less than 65 pt, bold
- Authors and their affiliations: font size not less than 36 pt
- Main headings: not less than 32 pt, bold
- Body text: minimum font size 24 pt, justified
- Captions: not less than 20 pt (placed at the top of tables and bottom for figures/pictures)
D. Mounting and dismantling of posters
- Poster must be displayed at your designated board attached with your poster number, given alongside with the acceptance letter.
- Presenters will be responsible for mounting their posters during the designated times, which will be updated before the conference.
- Posters should be attached to the poster boards with double sided tape. Committee will prepare items necessary to attach your poster.
Display timeframe: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019. Posters must be put up by 8.00 – 8.30 am on the day they are scheduled and remain up until 5.00 pm on the designated day.
Judging: Specific judging time will be scheduled and updated by email.
Dismantling: By 5.00 – 5.30 pm on designated day, either Saturday, September 28, 2019 or Sunday, September 29, 2019.
E. Poster Judging guidelines
- Poster judging will be conducted for those who opted in the competition category (although final decision regarding competing posters will be made by the committee).
- Presenters of the selected posters will be notified via letter of acceptance to PRESENT during poster judging session.
- Presenting authors are expected to be physically present at their poster board 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time on the assigned date of presentation, which will be informed via email for the judging schedule.
- Each presenter will be given five (5) minutes to present their poster. It will be followed by two (2) minutes question and answer session.
- Absence of the presenter for Poster Judging is considered as withdrawal.
- Results will be announced on 29th September 2019 (Sunday) during the closing ceremony
- Prizes will be awarded in each category.
- All decisions made by the judging committee are final.
F. Judging time
Allocate time for judging;
Saturday 28th Sept: 12.45 pm – 2.00 pm
Sunday 29th Sept: 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
- Closing date for submission of abstract: 15th May 2019
- Any queries about the abstract submission or poster presentation should be sent to email@example.com